Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pemberley - Two months

Hi little one,
Daddy and I just can't believe that you're already two months old! You're growing before our eyes and sometimes it's so hard for me to watch. I want to keep you a tiny little girl forever, but Daddy is excited for when he can teach you to ride Dolce like a pony. (He's kidding...I think.)

At two months, you...
-weigh 11 pounds 6 ounces (90th percentile)

-are 23.7 inches long (75th percentile)

-have a head circumference of 15 inches (95th percentile)

-wear 0-3 month sleepers and 3 month onesies and pants

-are in size 1/2 diapers

-coo and talk for good stretches during the afternoon

-still sleep through the night, and have pretty much established a routine for yourself

-have just started blowing bubbles

-play with your tongue and suck on your hands

-respond to noises (read: dogs barking and mommy yelling) 

-track movement with your eyes

-aren't shy with your smiles!



Fussy baby, fussy parents:: At your two month checkup, you got your first round of vaccinations and we got a taste of what it's like to have a fussy baby. I'll admit, I cried a little when they gave you the shots in your legs. You took it like a champ, though, and quit crying almost immediately after I started nursing you in the doctor's office. You slept a majority of the afternoon, and even through the meeting with your new day care provider, Ms. Jennifer. It wasn't until about 8pm that you spiked a small fever and started telling us you were uncomfortable. Daddy rushed out to Walgreens and bought you some infant Tylenol and Auntie Sally reassured us that your fever and discomfort were normal. Daddy also slept on the couch that night while I stayed up with you. It was probably the longest night we've had since bringing you home from the hospital! But we'll do whatever we need to so that you're safe and healthy.

I love you SO much, my big girl! Two months...wow.


1 comment:

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator