Thursday, March 12, 2015

Three Years Ago Today

Hi little one,
It's quite the big day...three years ago I met your Daddy for the first time! We are a Match.com success story. But funny enough, the first message Daddy sent me went straight into my Spam folder. Thank goodness I randomly checked it, or I might not be writing you this blog :)
We met at O'Dowds on the Country Club Plaza. I was secretly hoping that your daddy would ask me out because we had been texting and emailing for a few weeks. Because I lived in Oak Grove and he lived in Lenexa, meeting somewhere casually was a lot of work. I had class every Thursday night at UMKC, which is right near the Plaza, so I made the fateful decision to skip class (and I'm so glad I did!). I told your Daddy that class got "cancelled" and that if he was free, we should meet for a drink since I had already driven out to KC. Once he agreed, I went on a panicked shopping spree...the work outfit I was wearing just wouldn't do for my last first date.
He walked in wearing a plaid button down shirt and the grossest sneakers I've ever seen (seriously, Pem. The. Grossest.) and there I was, in 4-inch heels and a skirt! But once we sat down and started talking, I was just smitten. And I guess the rest is history. We ended up walking around the Plaza until the wee hours of the morning (literally...it was 2:30am). I drove home with sleepy eyes and a smile on my face.
At work the next day, I remember telling the girls at my lunch table that I had gone on a date with a really cute guy, and I was pretty certain that I would marry him someday. They laughed, but two years later, I walked down the aisle and married your Daddy!
Now we have you and our lives are complete. It's hard for me to believe that it's only been three years ago that I was wondering if I would ever be someone's wife and mommy. It's crazy how much your life can change when you find the right person to share it with!

I hope that you read this someday and know how much I love your Daddy. He's not a perfect man, but he is perfect for us (farts and all). 
I love you, baby girl!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great story! I met my husband online too. I wrote a blog post about it (it's in my older posts). We didn't meet on a dating site; just randomly on Twitter! Anyway, I love your story and I love hearing romance stories from online meetups! There's so much stigma with online dating but I think it's a heck of a lot better than the bar scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. You guys make the cutest couple. I love reading other people's love stories. This post touched my heart. I met my husband on Yahoo Personals--which was bought by Match.com eventually, I think, but for a while they were a big competitor of Match's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute couple! I met my hubbiy in college. We were room mates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog so I could find you. I loved reading your love story, and that you wrote it to your daughter. She's adorable by the way! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator