Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Mom Confessions

Dear Pemberley and Waverley,
This has been a day-drinking kind of week (and it's only Wednesday), so I feel like a shared post on "mom confessions" is in order.

1) I had grand plans for this summer with both of you. We were going to go to water parks, the zoo, and cute clothes shopping.  In reality, those plans have turned into playing in the bathtub or sink, petting the dogs and cats, and cleaning out the closets. It's too freaking hot to go anywhere.

2) I am so over breastfeeding. I will continue to do it until you self-ween, Wavie Bug, but I'd be lying if I said I enjoy it. I'm ready to have my body back to myself.

3) Mom guilt is real. Even though #2 is totally true, I still feel guilty about it. And I feel guilty because you, Waverley, are not getting the same newborn attention that Pemberley did when she was tiny. And I feel guilty because you, Pemberley, are not getting all of the toddler attention that I feel like you need, either. 

4) We've made coffee runs to Dunkin Donuts more times this summer than I'd like to admit. (And so what if we were all most likely barefoot for them?)

5) You two will be starting daycare in three weeks when I go back to work. Pemberley, you did awesome at your trial run last week, so I'm not too worried about you. I think you'll do better around more people anyway, because you're a little social butterfly. Waverley, though...I'm scared I'll be getting a "Please-come-get-your-daughter-she-won't-stop-crying" call a few hours after Daddy drops you off. You're a total mama's girl.

6) Bedtime stories have kind of gotten the shaft this summer, mostly because it's hard putting two kids to bed at the same time. The Very Hungry Caterpillar has been read as follows: There once was a caterpillar. He was hungry. He ate a bunch of food. Then he ate a big leaf. He got very fat, and built a cocoon. Then he became a beautiful butterfly. The end. I will do better once things calm down, I promise!

7) Nothing says it's time for a jumbo margarita like walking in to get you after a nap, Pemberley, and finding out that you've smeared your poop all over yourself and your crib sheet.

8) Accidental Amazon purchases to date by you, Pemberley:  $5.66. I don't know why you thought we needed a subscription to Oprah's e-magazine, or a copy of The Nightmare on Elm Street, but okay.

9) I love you girls more than the world.

Lovelovelove,


2 comments:

  1. Being a mom is HARD, girls, but you're so lucky to have such a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely relate to this post!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator