Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June 4

Hi little one,
It's been a long, long week. This might be the shortest weekly entry I've written in awhile, but I swear I have good a good reason! First, though...here's our weekly chalkboard tracker!


You're definitely a kicker!! It's the sweetest thing I've ever experienced. You seem to like kicking and punching on two occasions: when I eat Twizzlers, or when I'm sitting uncomfortably in the car with my seat belt on. I'm excited for the day when we can watch my tummy and see you moving around! I wish your daddy could experience all of those little baby reminders I get throughout the day :)

You're a baby, I'm a baby: I'm the biggest baby when I'm sick. It only happens once or twice a year, but when it does...watch out! I'm whiny and complainey and generally not someone you want to be around. Daddy now knows this. He has been pretty great as I battle a sore throat, stuffy nose, and chest congestion. It's definitely getting much better than it was a week ago, however I'm ready for this cold to be over! We have sooooo much going on that as hard as it is to be sick on a normal day, being sick when we're trying to get stuff done is way worse.

Home repairs: This past week was a whirlwind of home repairs. Daddy started painting the laundry room and he's going to hang cabinets above the washer and dryer this weekend. It'll look great whenever it gets finished! We also got a new fancy storm door installed, and got the house measured for new carpet. Lastly, we got the master bathroom shower grout and tile all sealed up and fixed! It's so nice to be able to shower in there again!

Your nursery: We finally started working on your nursery, too! (See, I told you it was a big week!) We got the colors picked out, as well as a few pieces of furniture. The room is slowly being painted, and we couldn't be more excited to see how it'll turn out! Here is what we've been up to in there :) I'm in love with the new glider and ottoman, and I think your dresser is just perfect!

Coming soon: Our baby announcements came in the mail a few days ago, so I've been working hard to get them mailed out. Aren't they the cutest thing?? We are proud parents, in case you couldn't tell :)

That's all for now. I'm going to go to bed and try to rest up for this weekend. Gigi and Papa G are coming in from Topeka to help us landscape. Keep your sweet little fingers crossed that it doesn't rain, and hopefully I can post some new front yard pictures next week!

I love you, small cantaloupe.
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. I love the glider and ottoman. Such a pretty color too! And yes, the dresser is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say the ribbon in your hair is adorable! You make a beautiful expecting mom.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator