Friday, September 12, 2014

September 12

Hi little one,
A Friday post?! I know. I'm running a few days behind, even though your daddy and I took the chalkboard picture on time. It's not easy hosting your grandparents, working full time, getting your nursery ready, and trying to get in a solid night's sleep, so give me a *little* wiggle room as I navigate my way through our final month before your arrival!

With that out of the way, happy 35 weeks!!!!
Showered with love:: Your shower was so much fun!! I'm SO happy everyone who came was there to celebrate you. We got so many cute things for you, and now I'm more impatient than ever for your arrival. Here are some of my favorite snapshots of the baby shower (They both happen to be of the cake, but can you blame me at this point??).

 Yes. This is your daddy...
A big shout out to your great-grandparents for hosting everyone and helping make this day so amazing. We don't know what we would do without you guys!!

Landscaping update:: Gigi and Papa G were also very generous with their time and efforts, and stayed an extra few days in KC to help us with our front yard. They worked tirelessly and now we have a front yard that I'm proud to bring you home to in a few weeks :)



Nursery:: Even though we're still working on your nursery, I couldn't help but post a few more pictures this week. I'm in love with your closet!! Daddy is going to hang all of your cute elephant prints this weekend, and we'll also put up your curtains, and a few finishing touches. After that, all we need is you, Miss Pemberley!



So ready:: This past week has been kind of rough on your mommy. You're now head down, but it's still really hard for me to breathe normally because you're a big, healthy girl who likes to kick my rib cage. I sound like a fog horn at night, and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm over all of these Braxton Hicks contractions, which I only seem to get at work when I'm doing a lot of walking around my classroom or back and forth to the office, and I'm over the every hour and a half trips to the bathroom. The heartburn is getting old, and my feet and fingers look like sausages because I'm retaining water, even though I drink a TON of it every day. There is no doubt in my mind that you are worth it, little girl, but let's just say that I'll be happy to hold you in my arms and have my body back (I was no supermodel or whatever before, but my ankles didn't look like tree trunks then and I could at least see my toes.) This meme describes perfectly the 35 week mark, in fact... 
                                                     

Adorbs cat:: Last but not least, I took this picture last night and had to share. It's Meagram, looking adorable. I hope she loves you like she loves your daddy, since she can't stand me no matter how many times I squeeze her and tell her I love her big fat belly...


Love you, sweet baby girl!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful front yard. Such an exciting time!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your adorable family addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know the shower was fun. Gorgeous front yard!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator