Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 18

Hi little one,
Happy 36 weeks! We are in the home stretch, baby girl!! And you can tell your mama is definitely feeling all 9 months of this pregnancy since you've moved "into the position". Seeing my toes is so totally out of the question, and you can barely tell, but my belly button is starting to pop out!

Ankles? You mean cankles:: My ankles are definitely taking a beating as we journey thorough the last month of this awaited countdown. I mean...they don't even look like ankles anymore. It's like I woke up one morning over the weekend and suddenly I have huge ass tree stumps where my cute little feet used to be. My tattoos are swollen, and even my toes look like stuffed sausages. I mean...this is the kind of stuff that they warn you about when you are trying to get pregnant, but also the type of stuff that you never-in-a-million-years think will actually happen to you. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Literally Down in the Dumps:: Not to mention the increase in frequency of potty breaks. And now I'm taking a crap two or three times a day, instead of just once. I realize there just isn't any room left in that area, but come on. Being at work is embarrassing because I have to jet out of my classroom like, way too often, and being at home sucks too because I don't want your daddy to hear or he'll make fun of me! I guess becoming obsessed with poo is just what happens when you become a Groesbeck (another thing I was warned about, but never believed!). Pretty sure that this meme is accurate, given what happened on Monday...

Just UGHHHHH:: Let me continue this little rant by stating that making a pregnant lady leave work early on a Monday, arrive on time to a 4pm appointment, and then wait for an hour before being seen SUCKS. All for what? To be told my Strep B test is negative, we are measuring exactly where we should be, and to call if I have any problems or questions. 1) Leave me a voicemail about the Strep B results, 2) I can measure myself just fine and know we're not ahead or behind, and 3) I'm not shy. I'll alert all appropriate people, should something go wrong. Just GRRRRR!! And I told your daddy that there wasn't even a point in him trying to make it to my appointment, since we had no idea when I'd even get seen. (Although next week is a different story, because I get checked for dilation and effacement, so he'd better be there!). This kind of sums up how I've been feeling toward everyone and everything but you lately. I'm sorry you have a crazy, emotionally unstable mama...

Dolce:: We had a busy weekend, thanks in part to Dolce getting a little sick. When I got home from work on Friday, I noticed that she was shaking her head kind of funny. We made an appointment at Banfield and it turns out she has an ear infection. They're pretty typical, based on what the vet said, and she was SUCH  a good sport! Here she is while we waited for her medicine. I think she's smiling :)

Nursery:: We also got a few things done in your nursery, as week approach the last four weeks. Daddy put up your book shelves, we finally got most of what your grandma Gigi bought us put away, and your closet is 99% done! I got the closet rod installed, your cute clothes washed and hung, and your homemade size dividers finished. Here's what you can expect to see in the next 30ish days...






Office:: Here's the highly anticipated office chalkboard wall! I'm so excited to show you!! I'd like to change the wall again before you get here, but it's getting harder and harder to move around, and daddy got mad when he saw me sitting on my desk so I could draw. I have a really cute fall print in mind, but if it doesn't get done, I won't sweat it; I'm just happy the rooms are *finally* getting done. We're going to hang those 6 picture frames that you see sitting on my desk this weekend, and then I just have to frame and hang all of our diplomas and the office will be done forever!
Okay, little girl. That's all for now. 29 days to go. I can't wait to meet you! I love you SO much.




6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I remember those times. The feet and the walking and the advent of stretchmarks, argh. Worth it though, so very worth it :)

    Your chalkboards are gorgeous. Only a few more weeks to go, good luck momma!
    - Jill @ kyaruandbunnies.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy emotional unstable, but we love you anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even cankles are adorable on pregnant women! Waiting at the doctor SUCKS, but even more so if you're pregnant. I don't understand why they're always running so late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, what a journey! Great photos. And I hope your sweet pup is feeling better, what a gorgeous dog!

    Sarah Allen
    (Writing Blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I love the nursery. So pretty!

    I remember having cankles when I was pregnant with my kids.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator