Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Hi little one,
Yesterday was your first holiday! Happy Halloween :) you did a great job of staying awake while we handed out candy to neighborhood trick or treaters. I must say, though, you were the cutest kid dressed up! Here you are, as Disco.


See what I mean? Adorable.

Checkups:: We had your latest checkup last Wednesday. Dr. Gaffney was VERY impressed with you! You are 9 pounds 6 ounces (75th percentile), and 21-1/2 inches long (89th percentile). For being just shy of three weeks old, you are growing super fast! Daddy says it's because you're an eater like your mama, but don't listen to him. (You definitely take after your daddy in that department!) We also got a lot of compliments on how adorable you are, and how much hair you have. The nurses love to tell you how beautiful your blonde hair is, and they're so surprised when they see how long it is! I tell them it's actually curly right after your bath, and they don't believe me until I show them this picture--

Damnit, Dolce:: While we were at your appointment we also got you a prescription for conjunctivitis, of which you have a mild case. After only a few days of medicine, it looks much better, I'm happy to report. We ended up having to get two prescriptions because I left Dolce out while we went to go see great-grandpa Stan and she ate the first one. Daddy was more than a little pissed to come home to the shitshow where he found your medicine AND a bottle eaten by the dog. Oops.

Our days:: Our days have finally fallen into somewhat of a pattern. That first week we were in a kind of sleeping/eating free-for-all, so this weekday schedule has made me one very happy mommy :)

2:30-3am -- you get up to eat, and you fuss to have your diaper changed also. You're back asleep pretty quickly.
6:00-6:30am--Daddy sometimes takes you downstairs and feeds you from a bottle so that I can get some more sleep (those are the best mornings!) before he goes to work. Falling asleep with a full belly is not a problem for you, at this point.
9:30-10am--then you're wide awake and you eat again. After that, you like to be swaddled and to sit on the Boppy pillow while I pump. We watch Friday Night Lights on Netflix and kick it in bed until about 11.
11:00-12:00ish-- We go downstairs, feed the dogs, and let them outside. I eat some oatmeal and yogurt and have a cup of coffee, and we call great-Grannie to see how Poppie is doing.
12:30-2:00pm-- You fall asleep again, and I use your naptime to shower and get some housework done. (Okay, *sometimes* I sit and read, but don't tell Daddy or he'll start making honey-do lists and I don't want that.)
2:00-2:45pm--After that nap, it's time for another feeding, and then we wait for Daddy to get home. Sometimes you fall asleep until the dogs wake you up, and sometimes you and I play Candy Crush or I read to you.
I was a little scared as to how we would fill our days, but I wouldn't change a thing :) I think you're pretty happy that we have a schedule, too, because this is how you look most of the time when you're not sleeping.

Poppie:: To all of our blog readers, please say a quick prayer for Pemberley's great-grandpa, Stan. We received news that his cancer is back, and things just aren't looking good for him. Pemberley, I did take you to meet him on Friday, and he woke up long enough to see you for the first time. He loves you SO much, and Frannie is always telling me how he asks for you. Please know he is the BEST great-grandpa in the world who wants nothing but the best for you as you continue to grow.

I think that's all for now, sweet little girl. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. SO cute! Soon you'll be trekking through the neighborhood watching your own little one(s) picking up candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Absolute cuteness! Savour every single second, they grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator