Sunday, November 9, 2014

Pemberley - One month

Hi little one,
It's hard to believe that one month has passed already! I feel like we just brought you home from the hospital yesterday, and here we are. You're a month old today!

Snuggles with Stan:: Daddy and I have taken you to the hospital to see your great grandpa a few times. Words cannot tell you how utterly in love with you he is. Even when he was hooked up to the breathing machine, he had the biggest smile on his face when we walked in with you. Now that he's in hospice care and not on any life support, he finally got to hold you for the first time. My heart just melted when I took this picture. He wanted to hold you forever, and probably would have if the nurses didn't come in to give him pain medicine. He kissed you and held your hand and sang a very inappropriate song to you that I probably shouldn't publicize (the Lukowskis know what I'm talking about!). I know you won't remember this time with him,  but I hope you can look back on this picture some day and see all of the love he has for you.

Just Like Mommy:: Great-grannie Frannie framed these two pictures together to put them in Poppie's room and all of the nurses commented on what a cute baby it was...and then Frannie corrected them and said, "No, that's TWO babies! My granddaughter Jessica and her little girl Pemberley!" Everyone was floored when they saw just how much you take after your mommy!! (You're on the top and that's me on the bottom.)

Daddy's Little Girl:: But you are a daddy's girl at heart, I have to admit it. Here you are, cuddling with him while he takes a nap. It doesn't get any better for me when I look up and see this <3

Meanmugs:: I'm starting to worry that you prefer your daddy over me because for the last week or so, you "meanmug" me with faces like these. Daddy says I'm crazy, but he's the one who gets all of the smiles and cute cooing sounds, and I get the monster noises and glances that lead me to believe you're thinking you have the meanest mother on the planet :(

Growing Up:: You must be going through a huge growth spurt, because that schedule I thought we established last week? Haha!! You're up for hours in the middle of the night sometimes. Daddy sleeps right through it, but I need my beauty sleep and sometimes I get a little delirious. When I saw this book excerpt on Baby Bump App, I was like...BINGO! The author nailed it! Couldn't have said it any better myself. ((From Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Masbach))

Back to Normal:: Mommy is finally back down to her prepregnancy weight! I feel like that's huge cause for celebration, considering I ballooned up to the approximate size of a whale. The combination of breastfeeding and no sleep is assuredly to thank for the weight falling off,  but it does throw off my eating schedule and I forget to eat more than I should. I occasionally see loving reminders from your daddy... :)

That's all for now, sweet little angel girl! One month. Wow. You are SO loved and we can't wait to see what you look like and what you're up to at two months!

Love, love, love,

4 comments:

  1. Happy one month.

    I so love that book. Cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy one month! She is growing up fast! Love the pics, J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I know most people with children wish they'd done this when their babies were newborn. You'll always have this to look back on, along with your daughter having it, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pemberley looks just like you when you were tiny! Sleepless nights will not last forever but I remember being so so tired. You may enjoy this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Eij9HjEEo
    teehee xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator