Monday, February 16, 2015

Pemberley - Four months

Hi little one,
Last week one of my students asked how you were doing and I said, "She's four months old already!" And he looked at me like I was crazy and said, "What? She's four months old already?! No way, Mrs. G!" That pretty much sums up how quickly time has flown by for me and your daddy.




At four months, you...
-weigh 13 pounds, 12.5 ounces (40th percentile)

-are 24.5 inches long (51st percentile)

-have a head circumference of 16.5 inches (84th percentile)

-wear size 2 and size 3 diapers, depending on the brand

-are wearing a few 3-6 month clothes, but mostly 6 month 

-had your first laugh! It was in our bedroom, right before you went to bed. The sound melted our hearts!

-are battling the dreaded four month sleep regression. You get up at 11:30pm, 2:30am, and 4:30am

-handled your vaccinations like a boss, with minimal crying and fussing

-LOVE to suck on your fingers. You suck on your first two fingers, and use your opposite hand to hold them in your mouth

-have gotten sooooo much better at tummy time!

-enjoy holding your head up to look around, and sitting up assisted

-hate it when we put you on your back now

-are "pre-teething", so you're constantly drooling. Everywhere. All the time.

-love to dance around the house with me

-sleep swaddled with your arms out still,  but always in the weirdest positions



Leveling out:: As you can see, the percentiles for your weight and length dropped off quite a bit. I'm not ashamed to say that it scared me at first! I thought for sure that you weren't getting enough to eat, or that something was wrong. But Dr. Gaffney isn't concerned with it, so I'm telling myself that I shouldn't be either. Since you started daycare, you're drinking three 4-5 ounce bottles during the day, which definitely means that you're not starving, you're just leveling out. I only worry because I care, little one! (But I am going to ask for a five month weight check, just so I can sleep at night.)

Happy Valentine's Day:: We celebrated your first Valentine's Day a few days ago! You got all dolled up, as you can see, and just loved on my camera for awhile. We played with different bows, and you wore your first baby barrette. Daddy loves the picture with your barrette, because he thinks the bows I put on you are getting a little out of hand. (Little does he know what I have in store for your five month picture!!!) I love this last picture, because it pretty much sums up your sassy attitude when you've decided that I've taken enough pictures. 




Miss Jennifer took your sweet little footprints and made us this adorable valentine. Being the sentimental bawl bag that I am, I almost cried. Your little piggies are just too precious for words!


It's the weirdest thing:: I've been feeling these phantom baby kicks quite often the past month. They'll mostly happen when I'm really still, like in bed or stretched out on the couch reading. Sometimes they happen so quickly and with such force that I have to stop and catch my breath! Then I look over at you and smile because you're HERE and not in my tummy anymore, and as much as I miss being pregnant (there, okay, I said it. I actually miss it!), I'd much rather be able to cuddle and kiss you any time I want.

That's all for now, big girl! I can't tell you enough how much we love you.

3 comments:

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator