Thursday, February 5, 2015

Little Miss Big Girl

Hi little one,
Last weekend was so much fun! I got you all dolled up and your Daddy and I took you to Oak Grove for your very first visit to my school district. I had so much fun getting you decked out in panther black and orange! I actually made your first tutu from a pin on Pinterest, and I'm so happy with how it came out!! (You, on the other hand, were just a little confused as to what it was).

And before you remark about your headband, I want remind you of a truth I read somewhere online while I was pregnant...the bigger the bow, the better the mommy.

Here I am at the fundraiser, with a few of my former students who are now State Football Champions! It gets harder every year because they get bigger and older, and I still remember them as squirrelly 8th graders who passed notes and fell asleep in class. Now they look like grown ass men and I'm just their short, old middle school English teacher!

After we left Oak Grove, we stopped at my friend Rachelle's house so she could meet you. No surprise, she loved and cuddled on you the whole time we were there! Our last detour was at Grannie's so we could show off your adorable little outfit (and headband). Aunt Chrissy, Uncle Erick, and cousin Ericka were there and I snapped this adorable picture of you and your auntie. She is just smitten with you!

It was a long day for us, so when we finally made it home, I undressed you and Daddy and I played "mostly naked baby" for a while. This is one of my favorite games!! We strip you down to your diaper and take turns cuddling, kissing, and hugging you. Of course I had to take some pictures, and I just adore this one! That expression on your face is priceless!! "Seriously, mom? I'm way too old for almost naked baby."


I will also admit to having a few crying spells this week. It started when I thought about Poppie. I just miss him so much sometimes, and I really, really wish he could have spent some more time with you. He would have been so proud to see you being such a big girl! Then that got me to thinking about the fact that you are getting bigger (your newborn clothes are still hanging up in your nursery. That pretty much sums up the depth of my denial.), so then I cried some more. But honestly, look at how big you look in this picture, sitting up almost on your own! Ahhh! And those chunky baby thighs! I just want to eat them!!

After  got over the fact that you're not my little girl anymore, I made myself a delicious, very healthy snack. Monster cookies. They're full of all kinds of healthy foods like mini chocolate chips (antioxidants), peanut butter chips (protein), oatmeal (iron), and mini M&Ms (magnesium?). One of my New Year's Resolutions was to be more adventurous in the kitchen, so...yep. All. I. Do. Is. Win.

That's all for now, little baby sweetheart. We have a list a mile long of projects to do around the house this weekend, so I'll be sure to update again soon.
Love you sooooo much,

3 comments:

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator