Thursday, February 12, 2015

Snow Days and Sicky Faces

Hi little one,
Where do I begin? Last week you got to experience your first ever snow day! It was really scary because on Wednesday the roads were slick by 2:30pm, which is when I left to get you from day care. It took me an hour to drive from Grain Valley to Lee's Summit, and we passed five car wrecks! Needless to say, I didn't feel comfortable driving all the way home so we detoured and stayed with Grannie. She was so excited to be snowed in with you!! Once I dropped you off, I drove across the street to HyVee for diapers and wipes (lesson learned. I now have an emergency stash in my car.) And my decision not to drive home was reaffirmed when I slid onto the sidewalk while trying to pull into Grannie's driveway.

We had a lot of fun doing girl things all night, like playing with your beautiful hair. This is a picture with your first hair roller. Can you say twinning?

We made it home Thursday afternoon with no problems because by then it had warmed up to 60 degrees. Midwest weather sucks. You were tired of being held all night and day, I think, so you wanted to be Little Miss Independent and practice sitting up like a big girl. You can't quite do it on your own just yet, but you're pretty darn close! Your hair, however, has no issues with staying upright...

Thanks to the craptastic weather, you and your Daddy were a little sick over the weekend. Actually, Daddy was pretty bad. He was in bed by 6:45pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. (And you know he's sick if he chooses sleeping over Clash of Clans battles!) You developed a little chest cough by Sunday afternoon.  You never ran a fever, but it broke my heart to hear you cough! I must say, though, that you're the BEST baby. You even smile when you're sick and not feeling 100%! (And those cheeks...ahhh!)


You slept okay from Sunday to Monday, though. Miss Jennifer said that you did just fine at daycare on Monday, so I must have just been paranoid. What's that saying about never waking a sleeping baby, even if her mama needs to obsessively check to make sure she's okay? I mean, let's be real. Is this a sicky faced baby? I don't think so.

Between me and you, I think my adventures in the kitchen are finally paying off. I'm 99% positive that my chicken noodle soup is singlehandedly responsible for bringing Daddy back from the brink of death. Finally, a culinary win for mommy!

I'm working on your four month chalkboard this weekend (four.months.oh.my.GOD!). I can't wait to show off how big you've gotten!! I love you so much, sweet baby!

5 comments:

  1. Aww that picture of her hair is just the SWEETEST!!! She looks very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! She'll love this when she's all grown up. amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious photos.

    That soup looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That soup looks delish! Great pics as always!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator