Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Happy Easter!

Hi little one,
Happy first Easter! You're so stinking cute in your bunny ears!

And your adorable bunny tail! (Which Daddy says is a waste of money, but I disagree. It "fell" into my shopping cart at Target, so I kind of had to buy it. Right?)


We celebrated pretty low key by going over to Grannie's. It'll be the last holiday we get to celebrate over there before she sells her house, so we tried to make it memorable. It certainly was, but for all of the wrong reasons!

You started crying the minute Grandma Joanne picked you up. You may have heard by now that you're NOT a baby who typically cries, so this should have been a red flag. Instead, we just chalked it up to sleepiness and teething. Luckily, you stopped crying long enough for Uncle Joe to take this picture of us!


Then Daddy was asked to carve the ham because he was the only man there. Carving isn't exactly Daddy's strong suit just yet...and while he was breaking the electric knife, Grannie forgot about the rolls in the oven and burned them, along with the mashed potato casserole, to a crisp. But those weren't even the worst things to happen!

As we started eating, you would.not.stop.fussing. So, classy as ever, I fed you. At the dinner table. In front of everyone.  (For the record, I'm sure I'd be pretty pissed off too, if I saw everyone else enjoying their food and couldn't eat any myself, so I don't blame you one bit.)

After dinner, we feasted on this dessert pizza that I made (Sugar cookie crust, cream cheese and marshmallow sauce, fresh fruit...heaven on a plate).

While I was serving up the last of it, your cousin Ericka flew into the kitchen telling us that Uncle Erick was in a car accident! When we saw pictures of the wreck, we knew it was pretty serious so everyone went to see him at the hospital while we took you home.

Thankfully, he is okay, though! Not the best Easter ever, but at this point, were just grateful that all of our family is safe and healthy. I'll leave you with this picture of your Easter chalkboard, and wishes that next year is better for all of us!

I love you, big girl!

3 comments:

  1. That tail was totally worth it! Sorry to hear about that accident. Hope he's doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww so cute! And that dessert pizza looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dessert pizza looks soooooo gooooood!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator