Saturday, May 30, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend Vacation

Hi little one,
Daddy and I took you on your first vacation last weekend to Branson, Missouri. It was a blast! We left mid afternoon on Friday and stayed at the Barrington Hotel through Monday morning. I was a nervous mommy about how you would travel and sleep, but surprise surprise, you did fine on both accounts! You're just the best little girl :)

We crashed pretty hard Friday night so we could get up early Saturday morning for Silver Dollar City. Your first amusement park! Not even the rain stopped us from having a good time!

As you can see, Daddy and I embraced the new Petunia Pickle Bottom Ergobaby that I recently purchased. It was especially handy since 1) your stroller was soaked by the time we finished breakfast, and 2) you could nap in it in peace. Daddy was a little hesitant to wear you at first, but he got the hang of it and enjoyed the attention from all of the old ladies at the park who wanted to love on you :)



Probably my favorite part of the whole trip was eating skillet food at SDC. Skillet food is my JAM. To. Die. For. These bowls were worth the price of admission alone! These would totally be worked into the home dinner rotation if your mommy owned a cast iron skillet...and knew how to cook.


Sunday we went shopping around Branson, and Monday we did some more shopping before heading home. I *might have* gone a little crazy at the Carter's outlet, but it's soooo hard to resist buying cute baby clothes for you! (Like, ridiculously hard. Ridiculously, ridiculously hard.) I also bought you a tiny taggie blanket that you adore chewing on because more teeth are on their way. In retrospect, I should have bought some of the fabric because that print is TOO CUTE!

As much fun as we had, it was nice to come home and start our summer together. Daddy and I are so excited to take you on vacations as you get older! In fact the next one might be sooner than you think...

That's all for now. I love you, baby girl!



2 comments:

  1. You and your husband are so cute girl (you guys kind of look alike!). Stinks about all the rain, but I'm glad you guys had fun. We need a vacation so bad. We were just talking today about it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful family! Love the pics, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator