Monday, June 8, 2015

Summertime Happenings

Hi little one,
Summertime is in full swing! I am so excited to be able to stay at home and do all sorts of fun things with you for the next few months, like draw on chalkboards and try to get you to smile!!

One activity we really enjoy so far is taking walks in the stroller. I've been going up to the track and trying to get in a few miles a day, just for the exercise and to get us out of the house for awhile. Sometimes we switch it up and walk on the trail behind our house, too.


After we walk about a fourth of a mile, you get pretty tuckered out and fall asleep the rest of the way. You're soooo cute when you nap! All of the joggers and other mommy walkers say you're just the most darling little girl - and they're right!


As you spend more time on the ground learning to crawl, you're also spending more time with the dogs. Dolce LOVES to lick your face, hands, and feet, so I have to keep a wet washcloth on hand pretty much all day. Rusty likes to nuzzle you with his nose, and you just giggle like crazy when he gets your underarm. I'm so happy that you aren't afraid of the dogs, and that they are so understanding when you pull on their whiskers and ears :)


You have also been busy learning how to eat solid foods. Even though you were doing just fine with the baby led weaning approach, I found myself with pretty severe anxiety every night at dinner. So purees it is! I think it's safe to say you are enjoying them...we've yet to find one that you don't like :) Sometimes you grab the spoon and start feeding yourself, and then this happens::

"Is there something on my face?"

Along with eating purees, you are also frequently enjoying another solid...your toes! Daddy captioned this picture, "I eatsa my feetsa." (He's such a dork!) I'm just amazed at how flexible you are! Also, watching your reaction when you forget you have teeth now and you bite down...priceless.


In bigger news, we finally made the jump to move you into your nursery. We figured that your sleep was so crappy in our room, it couldn't get much worse if you were down the hall. And guess what...you only wake up once a night now! Sometimes you even sleep all the way through the night!!! I think you sleep better because it's darker, you don't hear me tossing and turning, Disco's asthmatic wheezing, Rusty's snores or Daddy's toots. We also keep it dark in there with blackout curtains, and have it set at a cool 68 degrees. Daddy does a good job most nights of giving you your last bottle. It melts my mommy heart everyone I check on you guys as he's putting you down...


Well, that's all for now, miss girl. I love getting to know you and watch you grow. It's going to be an awesome summer with you!
Love love love,

3 comments:

  1. Haha!! Love the food on her face!! That's priceless. I can't believe how much she's growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this glimpse inside a baby's life! You're awesome parents, I can tell. And she's just the most beautiful baby ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Stephanie. You two are the best parents ever!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator