Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pemberley | Twelve months

Hi little one,
One year. 365 days. 12 months. My little girl is now a toddler, and I want to cry.




At 12 months, you...
-weigh 19.6 pounds

-are 30 1/2 inches long

-have a head circumference of 18 inches

-wear size 4 diapers

-are in size 12 month clothes

-have 8 teeth!!!!

-are sleeping 12-13 hour stretches in your crib through the night

-are so close to walking on your own, and love it when Daddy and I hold your fingers while you practice

-say words like mama, dada, and up

-shake your head "no" when you don't want to do something

-crawl over to the high chair to let us know you're hungry

-know how to pet the dogs and cats gently (when they let you come near them)

-are quite the little eating machine...if it's in front of you, it's eaten (yep, even Brussels sprouts!)

-have the most gorgeous blue eyes I've ever seen!


Daddy and I were looking through some of your old baby pictures tonight. I legitimately almost cried because you're just so...big! Not in size, but like, you're growing up! You're even losing your baby fat and little leg rolls, which I was hoping you'd keep forever :( I know I'm going to blink and you'll be driving off to the mall with your little sister, or on your way to prom, or college. (Okay, maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself. But when I think about how much you've changed in just the past year, it's enough to make me reach for the Kleenex box.)

Your Daddy and I love you SO much, Pemberley. We never dreamed we would be this lucky. You really are the most perfect little girl. I am so thrilled to watch you grow into your own, and to watch you take on your new role as a big sister early next year. You're so sweet; Daddy and I know you're going to do a great job teaching little sister all of the ways of the world (or maybe just how to sit up, or roll over. Or shovel 20 Cheerios into her mouth at the same time.)

I love you, sweet baby toddler girl. (And cue the mommy tears. Now where did that Kleenex box go?!)



1 comment:

  1. She really is getting big! But man you have so much to look forward to!! She's going to start learning at a lightening rate now!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator