Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May 14

Hi little one,
Here is this week's chalkboard! I don't think it came out nearly as good as last week's,  but that's because of the terrible shadow and lighting. Looks like your daddy won't be going to the gym after work on Wednesdays anymore, if we can't get decent pictures! Auntie Bretta is calling it the "Peter Pan effect" since the shadow just had to get in the picture, but I'm still kind of irritated. Next week we'll do better for you :)

Boy or girl? We find out Monday if you're a little prince or princess :) I don't think your daddy will get mad if I tell you we have a bet going about your gender, and the stakes are Cold Stone ice cream sundaes. We will both be over the moon no matter what you are, and a little ice cream never hurt anyone! See? It's actually the perfect bet.

Delicious food: Speaking of ice cream, I've been craving sweets in a major way lately
Daddy took me to get frozen custard last night, and I almost finished my medium 'decadent chocolate brownie' all on my own! That never happens...I can barely ever finish a mini size. And I made double fudge brownies tonight because I saw them on a shelf at Target and I just couldn't resist. Mmmmmm!

Wedding business: I feel like we're making some good progress on wedding things. We have another tasting with Zio's tomorrow afternoon, and then we'll make our final decision as to who will be the caterer. We're going to order flowers this weekend, and go look for your daddy's wedding band. It's hard to believe we get married in 44 days!!!!

Countdown: Another countdown we have going is how many days I have left until school gets out for the summer. Including tomorrow, the countdown is down to 7!!!! It kind of sucks that we only get one day off between the end of the school year and starting summer school, but I won't complain too much. Those snow days that we had to make up were worth it, since they brought us you :)

I think that's all for now. It's going to be a busy weekend, so I'm going to get some rest before the madness begins. Amelia graduates on Friday night, and we get to go! And then we have to wrap up those wedding details I mentioned, and I need to finish organizing the upstairs hallway closet. Daddy is talking about painting the laundry room, but we'll see. So many things on our to-do list before you get here!

I love you, little one.
Mommy


1 comment:

  1. I had crazy cravings for Tom Yam - a sourish Thai soup when I was pregnant with both my babies! I've always wanted a daughter - when my gynae told me my second baby was going to be another boy, I burst into tears! LOL!

    Happy Thursday, Miss Whalen!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator