Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 25

Hi little one,
YOU'RE A LITTLE PRINCESS!!! We found out last Monday, and we absolutely couldn't be any happier. It's so nice to be able to describe you as a "she" or "her" instead of just "baby". I think you're going to be a little sugar addict like your daddy is...every time I eat something with sugar in it, you just start kicking and moving around in there like crazy! The ultrasound technician didn't have any trouble peeking right between your legs to tell us that you're a little girl (I ate a pack of Twizzlers and drank a strawberry limeade to make sure you'd be active, and it worked!). I started crying when we found out, and even though your daddy won't admit it, I think he teared up too. I can't wait to meet you, sweet little baby girl!! Here is our 19 week bump board, with our announcement on it!!
Here you are, looking like the little princess that I know you'll be:


We also asked our friend Amelia to take some pictures for our big gender reveal to your grandma Gigi, Papa G, and your Uncle Eli and Aunt Sally. (Your Auntie Darcy and Uncle Scott listened on the phone, since they're so far away!) We bought a bunch of pink stuff like pink Hershey kisses, pink butter mints, pink and purple sequins, pacifiers, and glitter, and then taped these pictures inside. Here are a few of my favorites:





Can you tell how excited your daddy is?! He's already talking about spoiling you with cute little dresses, and building you a playhouse in the backyard, or a dollhouse for the basement. You're a very lucky little girl, to have a daddy who loves you so much!

We also told your great grandparents, when we found out on Monday. Of course Frannie started shopping for cute little dresses like, a minute after she found out you're a little girl! You're SO going to be spoiled :)

Congratulations, Class of 2017: I had to day goodbye to my 8th graders on Friday. It was SO HARD! I cried when we did the 8th grade circle, and then I got mobbed on the middle of the gym floor with goodbyes. They are so excited that you're on your way and healthy, and I know a lot of them are going to come back next year and want to know all about you. It's always so weird seeing them after they leave my classroom...they get so big! I'll make sure to have lots of pictures of all of your adorableness. And they LOVE your name, which daddy wants to keep a secret from the family until you're born. I liked being able to tell them and make them feel special before they left the middle school :)

Landscaping: We got to go to Suburban Lawn and Garden with your grandparents to start landscaping the front yard. It was awesome! We decided on some gorgeous plants, and I'm really excited that the front will be done in time for your arrival. You'll be coming home in October to a beautiful yard!! The only less than fun part was realizing that I didn't put on sunscreen again, and so my shoulders got burned. It's so weird how my body is changing while I'm carrying you. I never got sunburned before, and now I've gotten three in the past few months! But no worries...I'll be careful. Lesson learned!

Here comes the bride: Your daddy and I got a lot of stuff done for the wedding this week, and we'll finalize a lot more next week, too. We got a steal on beautiful flowers, and we looked at wedding bands. Your daddy has very tiny fingers (who would have thought?), so shopping for them is a little difficult. We meet with Unity Village and The Stanley to make sure the ceremony and reception go smoothly. Only 33 more days until I become Mrs. Raleigh Groesbeck! <3

I'm going to repaint your chalkboard tomorrow, so I can be ready to work on the 20 week board Tuesday night. I have a really cuuuute layout all ready to go! I'm so excited for the day when you can look back at these pictures and smile :)

I love you, sweet little girl!!
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. OMG! That is so awesome!! I am soooooooooo jealous! Can't wait to see your little princess!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator