Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May 7

Hi little one,
Here's our Week 17 pregnancy bump board on the new frame! I love how much space we have so I can get more creative with what I write on it, and I can't wait to put this in your room someday and see all of your beautiful chalk artwork!!

Wedding: It's been a busy week trying to plan more wedding details! Tonight we got to do a tasting at Garrozzo's Italian Ristorante. It sounds a little fancy, but in reality, it's just a delicious pasta place in Lee's Summit. We tried two appetizers, four pastas, meatballs, AND three pieces of chicken--each! Needless to say, your daddy and I are STUFFED. Here's a picture of him as we try the ravioli and Italian sausage (which were sooooo good!).
RIP mixing bowl: One thing I'll be looking forward to in October is getting my center of gravity back. I've never been a particularly graceful person, but now...whoa. I am dropping things left and right, and I can't seem to even walk straight! In fact, I walked from the couch to the kitchen this weekend, and put my hand on the kitchen counter to steady myself, then BAM. My hand totally missed the counter and instead landed on a glass mixing bowl which dropped to the floor and shattered into a million pieces. Talk about getting flustered! It was not a fun mess to clean up, but thankfully your daddy helped me when he got home from writing his final paper.


Motherly instinct: I think I've started my "nesting" phase. The all-the-time tiredness has come and gone, and now I feel like I have all of the energy in the world! So this past weekend I channeled it into getting things ready for your arrival. This includes: cleaning out the guest bedroom closet (we literally donated seven bags of clothes and shoes to Goodwill), and spending a few hours in what will soon be your room (vacuuming, cleaning the walls, and cleaning out even more clothes and shoes!). I feel like Baxter and Harlowe know something is up, but don't worry. I told them all about you and I know you're going to grow up to love them as much as I do. Now that your room is closer to getting done, I'm getting more and more psyched to start decorating it with precious little baby things! Daddy and I have a few ideas about how we want it to look, but they all depend on if you're a little boy or a little girl! (And we find out in 12 days!!!!!!)

Wedding shower:  On Monday after school I thought I was walking into a Book Club meeting, but it was actually a wedding shower!!!!! I've never felt so loved by all of my co-workers as I did that day. Almost every single female staff member was there, and they were all so excited to help me celebrate getting married to your daddy. I got to wear a sash that said 'bride to be' on it, and I got served amazing cupcakes while I sat in a high chair and was showered with beautiful gifts. The pictures are still getting developed, but I'll post some when I get them. It was a teeny tiny bit uncomfortable for me to be the center of attention like that, but I smiled through it and I'm so glad I did. Here's a BIG  PANTHER THANK YOU to everyone at OGMS (especially Betheny and Bretta)!!!!

More thanks: Your Gigi and Papa G are also due a special thanks from your daddy and me. They gave us an amazing wedding gift, which will really help us as we get the house ready for you. Sometimes it's unreal that I'm marrying into such a wonderful, supportive, and unconditionally loving family. I hope you grow up knowing how lucky you are so have amazing grandparents!

That's all for now, little onion. I love you SO MUCH!
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Would love to see the photos of your bridal shower. You are so blessed to have such wonderful co-workers!
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator