Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 14

Hi little one,
Happy 31 week chalkboard! It's SO CRAZY that we are in a single-digit weekly countdown now. I'm so excited, and a little bit terrified (but in a good way, I promise!).
Back to School: What a week it's been. As you can tell from the picture, I started work again this week. Words cannot express how exhausted I am as I type this. Don't get me wrong...this year's group of kids is AWESOME, but I totally forgot how much work it is to walk around a classroom, be on constant alert, and those trips back and forth down the hallway to the office? No thank you. Daddy and I visited my classroom last Sunday and we got a lot done before school started, which made me really happy! I want to wait until all of my classroom decor is up before I post a picture, so be sure to stay on the lookout next week. (I keep telling myself that slow and steady is best, but inside it sucks that my room wasn't 100% ready before classes began.)

Here Kitty, Kitty...and Doggy: It's also been quite the week for all of the pets! The "back to school" vibe must be contagious. As you can tell, Dolce learned how to raise her hand when she has a question ("Bone? Did someone say bone?").
Meagram put herself in what I like to call "crib jail". She was playing around the nursery last week while I was painting it. I think this is a very appropriate picture, given that she likes to get into trouble so much.
Disco has just been hanging out. I was walking by the office and perfectly timed this picture. She looked at me like, "Who IS that big fat lady coming down the hall??"
...and this is your pup, Rusty. He is a very chill dude-like doggy, in case you didn't know already.
Harlowe had a little bit of a scare this week. I won't post a picture of it because it scared the crap out of me, but just know that she is getting better. I went downstairs to feed her and give her some love, and noticed a bunch of bloody scabs around her ears and on her tummy. The awesome vet at Banfield saw her yesterday and gave her an antibiotic shot and a steroid shot, and said we need to monitor her for a food allergy. We also had to move her litter box out of the utility room because her allergy might have had something to do with the concrete floor. Either way, though, she looks 1000 times healthier now. And her boyfriend, Baxter, is still doing great. He just likes to meow every second of every day. :)

Sleep? You Mean Nighttime Nap?: I have had the worst time sleeping lately. I've developed Restless Leg Syndrome at some point during this pregnancy, and I just thrash around in bed. It's awful, and I wake up grumpy every morning. (Or maybe that has something to do with going back to work? Hmmm.)  But while I've been restlessly thrashing, I did manage to get the Registry Must Haves and Back To School Must Haves collages done. I will give you a preview of what they look like now, and then add them to the Favorites section of the blog this weekend. I'm really happy with how they turned out!
                                                     

It's Dead to Me: This last picture pretty much sums up my entire existence at this point, and I laughed my butt off when I saw it. Bending over is a huge HELL NO. Have I mentioned how much I can't wait for you to get here?? ;)


That's all for this week, sweet little girl. I can't wait to see you in 64-ish days!! I love you SO much.




2 comments:

  1. Aww!! Your furry companions are too cute!
    I can so relate with the last pic! LOL!
    Happy Monday, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another reason pregnancy is for the young! You'll look back on these days and you won't know how you did it. But it's all well worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator