Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Nice Way to Spend a Sunday

Hi little one,
One of my New Year's resolutions is to make this blog better. I want you to be able to look back on it someday and see how much your daddy and I love you and how proud of you we are. I don't want to just post your adorable monthly updates...I want to capture the every day moments that really show how we live! Here are some such moments from this past weekend...

Breakfast:: I actually made breakfast last Sunday! This is unusual for two reasons. 1) Daddy is the one who makes breakfast most of the time. (He's become quite the pancake flipping master, and I've become quite the pancake eater!) 2) I don't exactly have *skills* in the kitchen. I mean, I can boil water and get ice out of the freezer, but that's pretty much it. Except when I saw these scones at Wal-Mart and realized that I only had to turn the oven on and wait 18 minutes, I was sold. And. Were. They. Good!

Chores:: Household chores bore the crap out of me, as you probably know by now. I'd much rather spend my time playing or cuddling with you! But Daddy said he'd had enough, and I had to help clean up the main floor. So...I organized all of our coats! I love seeing all of my hard work displayed so nicely in the entryway :)

A date::  You're way too little to go to the movies just yet, so your great grandma Frannie came over to babysit while your Daddy took me on our first real date. I had been telling him how much I wanted to see Foxcatcher, so we kissed you goodbye and drove to the theater, only to find out that it was only playing in the cinema suites and there weren't two seats next to each other :( We did the second best thing and pigged out on beer and calzones at Old Chicago, and ice cream at Sylas and Maddy's.


That Special Bond:: I was itching to get home because I missed you, so back to the house we went. It was eerily quiet when I walked in, and once I rounded the corner into the living room, I saw why: you were sound asleep, cuddling with your Grannie. This picture says it all, baby girl.

We wrapped up the weekend with some tummy time practice, a few rounds of Trivia Crack (pro tip- your Daddy cheats! There's no way he has that much useless knowledge floating around his big head.), and some tickles.

I love moments like these, sweet girl. I hope you appreciate them too.
Love, love, love,

2 comments:

  1. That looks like the perfect Sunday! Your nails are SO pretty in that picture...and yum to the ice cream. We had a gas station near us that baked scones every day. Yes, a gas station--it was an odd choice of things for a gas station to sell! We pigged out on them for about three weeks...then they suddenly stopped making them. They were SO soft...my British stepdad said real scones are hard, but I'll take the American version any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last pic is precious! And the calzone looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator