Saturday, January 24, 2015

Girls Day Out

Hi little one,
We've had quite the eventful week! You experienced your first trips to a mall and your first coffee shops :) Grannie and I took you to Independence Center last Sunday, and of course we had to stop at Gloria Jeans for some coffee and cookies. You had no idea what a big deal this was! (Gloria Jeans is the best coffee shop around, and there aren't any close to us.) But instead of getting excited, you played it cool and kept your Wubanubb entertained.
On this shopping trip, you got two pair of shoes (you're a total mama's girl) and two sleepers for daycare. All of the ladies at work call you a little fashionista because you always have the cutest clothes and accessories!



I had last Monday off work because of MLK Jr Day, so we "practiced" tummy time (and by that, I mean you sucked on your forefinger) for awhile, and took a nap on the couch...


When you finally woke up a few hours later, I got you all dressed up for our big day out! We took this picture and sent it to Daddy right before we left for Oak Park Mall. He said your little kitty cat leggings are ridiculous, but that didn't stop you from rocking them!

 Our first stop was Starbucks inside of Barnes and Noble for a green tea latte and (surprise!) a cookie (yes, that's TWO cookies in two days for your mommy, who is supposedly on a diet. Judge me. Judge me hard.). You weren't as excited about being inside of a huge ass bookstore as I was, but I'm pretty confident that mommy and baby dates to B&N will become a regular thing pretty soon.


By the time we made it to the second floor of the mall, you started to get a little fussy. I think all of the lights and sounds and smells overstimulated you, so we headed home. It was a great way for us to kill some time, and I'm really excited to take you to the mall and bookstore when you're older! They're two of my favorite places, and I hope you'll grow to love them as much as I do.

I love you, sweet girl!

3 comments:

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator