Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 2

Hi little one,
It's been quite the day. Quite the long day. Quite the long past few days..

Hormones: They're out of control. I've never felt so out of touch with my feelings before. One minute I'm fine, and the next minute I'm a crying mess. Literally...I had a full-scale breakdown last night. I was so upset that I cried until I almost hyperventilated and I had to put my head between my legs just to breathe. Then tonight, I cried sitting on the couch while I was trying to talk to your daddy. I have no idea where it came from, I just started bawling. I hope this goes away soon...I don't know how much more of it I can take! Not to mention what your daddy goes through when I get like that. He's been so great trying to help me through it. You're a lucky little baby to have such a great daddy.

Wedding: I get to go for my first dress fitting tomorrow after work. A co-worker and friend, Keilee, is working on the sash that will be wearing. It's going to be absolutely gorgeous! I'm very excited to get fitted tomorrow, but a little nervous that I won't be able to fit into the dress by the time the next fitting in June comes (let's just say your mommy can't wear normal tops anymore. Ahem.). Have I told you how much I can't wait to marry your daddy? Only 86 days!

Weather: The weather has been so ridiculous! We got trapped in like, a giant windstorm a few days ago, which resulted in part of our backyard fence blowing over! Here's what we came home to on Monday...

Not good, right? This weekend we are getting quotes so we can get it fixed, but in the meantime the dogs are on strict leash control in the front yard. It's hard for them, since they want to run around and play. I know they're looking forward to the fence getting fixed just as much as our poor neighbor is!!

Royals: Our boys in blue lost a home opener on Monday in the bottom of the ninth to the Detroit Tigers. They lost again today to the Tigers, but this time in the bottom of the 10th. The funny thing is, that they lost both games at the same moment during my drive home. Each loss was as I drove on I-470 W, crossing Lee's Summit! I'm not one who is usually big on coincidences,  but I'm taking a different way home tomorrow. I mean...what if they lose every time I pass that mile marker??! I've doomed our team to failure, and we aren't even one series in :( UGH
Here's a peek at what your daddy and I have to look forward to as we wait for you to come!

Appointment: Our appointment with the perinatologist yesterday went great! We got to see you for almost 30 minutes, and you are literally the sweetest thing I've ever seen. You were flipping around and waving your little hands all over. The ultrasound technician got a great picture of your hand and you can even count your precious little fingers! Your heart rate was a steady 172, and you're measuring exactly where you should be. Today we are officially 12 weeks along, and we couldn't possibly be happier. Here you are, barely the size of a plum!



Advice: I wanted to take a second and thank all of our friends and family who have offered advice as your daddy and I experience this journey into parenthood. It's hard enough doing this day-by-day, but it'd be impossible without our wonderful support structure! Thank you to everyone who has helped us as we get ready for your October arrival  :)

I love you, little baby.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator