Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 23

Hi little one,
Happy 15 weeks! Here's a picture of what we look like today. See? Much better than last week!! Your mommy is definitely starting to look like a mommy!
Royals: Your daddy took us to a Royals game last weekend. It was awesome! They won 5-4 against the Minnesota Twins. The weather was perfect and we stayed for the whole game. I ate some delicious nachos out of a plastic baseball hat and had a tasty cherry limeade. Best game of the season yet! Here we are after we reconnoitered to better seats once your mommy started getting too hot sitting in the sun.
Ouch: I've been experiencing what I think is heartburn the past two days. I can't really explain it, but it's a sharp pain in my ribcage that almost leaves me paralyzed when I breathe in too fast. It helps when I can crawl into bed and stretch out, but it is getting a little old already. I've also been having some pretty awesome round ligament pains while my body gets used to all of the stretching and growing that's going on. I don't mind it so much, because I'm trying to look at it like the pains are just reminders that you're in there and growing like you should!

Sweet dreams: Your daddy is an amazing man. He bought me this pregnancy pillow so I can sleep better at night. It takes up a majority of the bed, but he hasn't complained once about it. I'm a lucky mommy because I know it wasn't cheap, and you're a lucky little one to have such a supportive daddy who wants us to get a good night's rest!

Take our stuff: We got rid of a lot of stuff this weekend! We sold the old plasma tv that sat in Harlowe and Baxter's room for two years. It was a pretty quick sell on Craigslist! And I'm happy to sell stuff we never use, especially since the money went into what I call the "baby fund" for when I have to stop working in October. It's never too early to saving up for your arrival!! And we also got rid of a bunch of landscaping rocks from the backyard. I think we got rid of maybe two truck's worth, but we still have 4 or 5 more truckloads left. I might make another post this weekend, but we'll have to wait to see what the weather is like.

Leprechauns and gold: I have to mention this, just because it's hilarious. Your daddy left his iPad at work last night, so he couldn't "clash" his "clans" when he got home. Needless to say, he was sad. I hope this picture I sent him cheered him up a little bit.
Doctor: We went to see Dr. Shipman on Monday for our monthly appointment. She gave us the green light for flying to Jamaica (but did caution us that I'll need a lot of water and to walk around the plane frequently to avoid circulation problems). She also used the doppler and found your heartbeat SUPER fast, which she was pleased about. Your little heart was beating at 158 beats per minute, and she said that the drop from the 160s is totally normal at this stage. We left her office very happy parents-to-be!

Happy, happy, happy: Lastly, congratulations are in order to your Uncle Eli and Aunt Sally.
They sold their house in less than one day! We are sad that they'll be moving farther away, but can't wait for them to be happy in their new beautiful home!

That's all for now, little orange! I love you so much.
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! Swinging by once more to follow your lovely blog!
    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator