Thursday, July 17, 2014

July 16

Hi little one,
Happy 27 weeks!

Brand new: It's seriously like we got a whole new house, with our new carpet! We are still in the process of moving things back, but here's a sneak preview...

Isn't it SO PRETTY? It looks just like cookies and cream ice cream! And the best part?? It smells so good! New carpet has to be one of my favorite smells, along with new tires and new shoes. Daddy shook his head and called me a weirdo when he caught me smelling one of the stairs yesterday, but I don't care. I'm not making dinner again until the new smell goes away :)

True love: We got a sneak peek at our first wedding photo from Henderson Photography. I'll admit, when I first looked at it I thought, there's no way that's your daddy and me. But it is! Now I'm even more excited to see the rest in a few weeks!

Brace me: The past few days I've woken up to very sore wrists. It's almost like I broke my thumbs while I was asleep! I called the doctor and she suggested I get brace support to wear at night because she thinks I may have developed carpal tunnel during pregnancy. I wore them for the first time last night and felt WAY better today! Just something for us to monitor as we go through the next three months. I reminded Daddy that if this is the most of our worries, we are VERY lucky.

Working hard: I've kept busy this week fielding quotes and bids for the plumbing and then "overseeing" the installation of the carpet, but I've also spent a lot of time revamping the blog by adding the new Favorites and Chalkboard pages you see on the top banner (pictures of your nursery inspiration and my pregnancy 'must haves' from these sections are below). I just want something you can be proud of, even if it's only a silly blog that you can look back on someday and read. Now if only I could convince your daddy that it's his turn to write an entry or two! :)
                            

Get well soon: Lastly, we want to offer your Aunt Sally some prayers and support. She hasn't been feeling well, and I can't imagine what it's like to be sick and almost ready to deliver. For all of you out there who read this, send some prayers this way for the other baby G and her mama!!

I love you, little head of cauliflower!
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. COOL wedding photo. And I love the colors you chose. Cookies and cream ice cream--I love it! I'd probably crave ice cream all the time if I thought about it that way, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combo too. Yes, it is VERY pretty. Gorgeous wedding photo, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator