Thursday, July 24, 2014

July 24

Hi little one,
Happy 28 week chalkboard! Sorry I'm not actually in it...daddy hasn't been home the past few nights to take my picture and I got tired of waiting to put up this post. I think it's my favorite chalkboard so far. You'll just have to use your imagination as to what I look like while I'm carrying you this week (Hint...it's not a lot different than last week!)

Nursery: Your nursery is coming along great! While daddy is at work (or downstairs playing on his iPad...ahem), I've been slowly but surely painting it. It's a little hard for me since I can't move around easily, or stand on a ladder, or seem to find a comfortable position on the floor to paint or tape, but I've been doing everything I can to make sure it's perfect for you. I'm happy all of the wood trim has finally been covered up. It was so evil! Now you have pretty white trim. See?

My plan is to finish painting the lower, gray half of your walls tomorrow, and then tackle your closet this weekend. Daddy took off the closet door, and I'm using this picture I found on Pinterest as inspiration for what it'll look like when it's finished. There's still a long way to go, but I'm excited because it'll be just lovely when I'm done.

Wash me: The laundry room is slowly coming along, as well. The cabinets are up and installed, and now we just need to put up the shelves and then I get to decorate! I made some wooden letters that spell out "wash" and I'll hang those once I figure out what else I want to go in there (and the letters may need something extra too, like sparkles or glitter or bling. Not entirely happy with them just yet). I found a really nice picture frame on clearance at Hobby Lobby last week, but it might be just a tad too big to use. Either way, though, it'll hopefully get done this weekend and I'll finally be able to post completed project pictures next week!

Newest member of the family: Last but not least, BIG congratulations are in order to your Uncle Eli, Aunt Sally, and cousin Griffin. Their family welcomed sweet little Reagan Avery into the world on Monday. We're so happy that mama and baby are doing great, and we couldn't be more excited that you'll have a precious cousin to grow up with and share all things girly.

That's all for this week. I love you, baby girl!
Mommy

1 comment:

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator