Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 31

Hi little one,
Happy 29 week chalkboard!

Daddy will be gone traveling next week, so I hope I can figure out how to take the picture myself!  He'll actually be gone quite a bit in the next few months before you get here, which sucks, but I guess we'll get used to it. We don't really have a choice :(

Nursery: I got the walls of your nursery painted this past week. I love it!! And I hope you do too. The closet didn't get finished, but that's okay. I really need to start taking it easier than I have been...I just want you to have the most perfect room to sleep in :) Here's the progress. Aren't the colors very kick ass?!

Around the House: Not much else has gotten done around here, I'm afraid. Daddy spent a majority of the weekend pulling weeds in the backyard, so house projects sort of took a back seat. It's fine, I guess, because now we have a backyard that is clear of weeds and you have two MUCH happier doggies who get to rough house without accidentally eating grass or dirt!

About Us: While Daddy was at work, I veeeery sneakily wrote the "About Us" section on here. Daddy didn't know that your grandma Gigi gave me a picture of him when he was only 6 months old, but now it's out there for the WHOLE WORLD to see. Hehehe!

Hiccups and Sleep: You literally get the hiccups once a day! It's crazy to actually feel them!! Daddy loves it when you get them...I say, "Honey, she's got them again!" And he has the biggest smile on his face while he puts his hands on my tummy to feel you in there :) it's the sweetest thing! But we do need to address this sleeping issue, baby girl. I can't tell you how many times I've woken up to a) pee, or b) because you are kicking me! In fact, I found this picture and was like...BAM! SO TRUE!

Extreme Nesting: I'm starting to have full-blown panic attacks around noon almost every day because things just aren't getting done and you're scheduled to arrive in only 77 days. Daddy doesn't understand why I go into panic mode, but I don't want to wait until the last minute. I just can't! I'm definitely more of a planner and it's hard to get other people to understand. I feel like we have a lot of the "fun" stuff out of the way- your nursery painted, a bunch of clothes bought, a bassinet and a few Rock 'N Plays. But the big stuff? We have nothing. No crib, no bottles, no diapers for you. It makes me want to cry just thinking about all of the stuff we have yet to get and just how unprepared we are. If something happened and you came early, we'd be scrambling to figure out how to take care of you! I know that's just first-time-mom speak and it's totally normal to freak out, but whoa. Every day is closer to your arrival! It's starting to get real, baby girl!

That's all for this week. Blogger just erased two paragraphs about the pets, so I'm trying not to be frustrated and instead taking it as a sign that I'm rambling and need to eat a snack and go to bed :) no one likes a fussy mommy!!

I love you, baby girl.


3 comments:

  1. So cute! Not sure how you're taking your pictures--but there's a little device called "The Selfie" that can be plugged into an iPhone and extended fairly far away so you can take a picture by yourself. Might come in handy while Daddy is away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you chose. Relax, girl! Everything will turn out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone panics and it'll all be ok. I still feel unprepared and this is my second time around! At least the store is never far away and you have someone to help you. She will be just fine! But I understand wanting everything to be perfect.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator