Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 9

Hi little one,
Happy 26 week chalkboard! We are FINALLY in double digits! I was looking through all of our pregnancy pictures today and I almost teared up when I saw our first bump picture at 14 weeks. You've grown so much, and we can't wait to meet you in October.
The honeymoon is over: Daddy and I are slowly adjusting to not being on our honeymoon anymore. I honestly don't know how he jumped back into work so quickly after we got back to KC last Saturday night. It's been four days and I still need some time to reacclimate to home life...pets, laundry, dusting, making dinner again. Blah! Here are the last two pictures we want to share from our trip. I would have posted them last week, but they were literally taken the day before we left! Ahhh, how I miss the beach...
                    

Read me: There is one thing to which I'm looking forward, though. I went a little stir crazy yesterday and decided to go to Half Price Books to check out their clearance section, which is about the only place in there that I trust myself. And I scored! I got The Art Forager by BA Shapiro, The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley, and Maine by Courtney J Sullivan. All books that have been on my summer 2014 reading list, and I got each of them for only $2.00!! S.c.o.r.e. Can't wait to start knocking some books off of my list!

Big fat girl: We've officially shortened Meagram's name to BFG, or Big Fat Girl. She has been especially ornery since we got home. I walked into the kitchen and looked into the dining room table only to see this! She KNOWS she's not supposed to be on the table EVER. But when Daddy's at work...Meagram will do what she wants, apparently. While sticking out her tongue at me in defiance.

Tiny dancer: Since being home, I've been doing a lot of cleaning around the house and a lot of driving to random places for errands (dinner ingredients, the bank, etc). And I noticed something...you love to dance when I sing! I will admit that I'm a terrible singer. If you've ever heard the un-autotuned Britney Spears, I'm kind of like that. Except worse. Way worse. But you never seem to mind, and you're always kicking and punching like crazy when I'm dancing around the kitchen singing, or when I'm in the car just belting the tunes out. Here are some of your favorite songs to dance to (or listen to me try to sing):
     1) Mercy by Kanye West feat. 2 Chainz, Big Sean, and Pusha T
     2) Milkshake by Kelis
     3) Come A Little Closer by Cage the Elephant
     4) West Coast by Lana Del Ray
     5) Dangerous by Big Data
Daddy shakes his head every time he has to listen to "my music", so I'm pretty psyched to be able to tell him that you like it too!

That's all for this week. I love you so much, little head of lettuce!
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. The honeymoon is over, but you'll have an all new feeling of falling in love once the baby arrives! And how fun that your baby dances to Milkshake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics, Jessica. Time flies doesn't it?
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator